CAR NOT STARTING AFTER PUTTING IN NEW BATTERY

Mitsubishi

djayscorpio

August, 12, 2007 AT 5:42 PM

My car is a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES/LS 4 cycl with 93,000 miles. I went to start my car and it would not start. I jumped it and it took some time to get it started with the jumper cables on the battery, but it did start eventually. After I shut the car off and try to restart it, it would not start again. I thought it was a bad battery so I put a brand new one in. It started right up, but later in the day I went to go start it and all I heard was a loud clicking noise. All the lights and electrical system work. The old battery had alot of corrosion on it. I cleaned the battery cables, tips and all very good with a dry toothbrush before putting in the new battery. Please help me to understand what could be the problem.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/92490_Img_0000_1.jpg

August, 12, 2007 AT 7:27 PM

Could have something to do with the auto theft deterrent device thinking the wrong way and activating it.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe