MITSUBIS O2 SENSOR

1997 Mitsubishi

daveEss

March, 20, 2008 AT 9:30 PM

1997 Other Mitsubishi Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 156000 miles

I just relplaced my stock air filter and setup with a new cold air intake kit. When I fitted everything up I noticed there was no place for the MAF sensor but a small hole for the o2 sensor, without my MAF in the car it idles very bad (fluxuates) but point of the story are the o2 and maf sensor the same thing? Is the o2 sensor inside the MAF? If not. Where is it?

Gus540i

April, 23, 2008 AT 11:19 PM

Your MAF should be between the original airfilter and intake manifiold, usually located on the connecting tube between the tube and the manifold. You will recognize it as a flat square box with a female end on it and a bunch of wires going into a male adaptor which plugs into the female end on the MAF sensor. Your O2 sensor is found on the downpipe, most likely before the catalytic converter, you will recognize this as it sort of looks like a fat spark plug with a wire coming out the ttop. (Maybe two, maybe three, my TT 3000 GT has a four wire set up)

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast