MITSUBIS CAR DYING EVEN WITH NEW BATTERY AND

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

kgima

March, 31, 2010 AT 6:08 PM

2000 Mitsubishi Galant 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

Hi,

About two weeks ago, I drove my car and it was fine. About an hour later, it was dead. There was very little power and then as I tried to start it a couple of times, it went completely dead. I took it to NTB because I thought I just needed a battery. They told me my battery was fine and that I needed a new alternator. I had the altetrnator done and then a week later the same thing happened. I took it back to NTB and this time they told me that it was my battery. I had the battery changed and low and behold, exactly one week later (today) my car was dead. First I need to know what could possibly be wrong with my car and second, if my car is still dying do you think that it could have been the alternator/battery? I would like my money back from NTB. It was over $500.00. If I repaired something that was really wrong that's okay but if these repairs were unecessary, then I want a refund. Please tell me whatever you can. Oh, my battery makes a ticking sound when it has died or is dying. I don't know if that means anything. If you need more info, please let me know.
Thanks,
kgima

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jack42

April, 3, 2010 AT 8:44 AM

First you will have to recharge the battery or install a new one to start the vehicle to see if it is charging (Alt). You may have an electrical draw that is killing the battery when the key is off. The ticking noise may be arelay clicking due to low voltage in the system. Finding electrical draws can be very tricky at times adnwill require some tools for testing

Jack42

April, 3, 2010 AT 8:44 AM

First you will have to recharge the battery or install a new one to start the vehicle to see if it is charging (Alt). You may have an electrical draw that is killing the battery when the key is off. The ticking noise may be a relay clicking due to low voltage in the system. Finding electrical draws can be very tricky at times and will require some tools for testing