MITSUBIS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON- CODE P1400

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Trasher

June, 27, 2008 AT 8:02 PM

Computer problem
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

My son has a Eclipse GT with a 3.0 V6. The check engine light is on all the time. After having the codes read we were told we had code P1400 with was the " manifold pressure switch".
I pulled it off the manifold and there isn't much to it and re-installed it. The connection was tight and nothing looked wrong as far as the install.
How do you check it out?

mastertechtim

June, 27, 2008 AT 8:37 PM

Are you sure its not a egr code. Check the vacuum lines to the egr valve to be sure. If you still need help I will research it in the am.

Trasher

June, 27, 2008 AT 9:43 PM

He went to Autozone and they used their scanner to pull the code P1400. Looking it up it was the
" P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Mitsubishi) " On some Fords it might be the EGR circuit is what I found

Thank you!

mastertechtim

June, 28, 2008 AT 6:32 AM

You are correct. if you dont have a scanner to watch the pressure voltage of the sensor i would go ahead and replace it due to the most common problem would be a faulty sensor not the computer. let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/139033_ac_8.jpg

Trasher

June, 28, 2008 AT 4:56 PM

I replaced the sensor and it so far has worked. I cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery. Test drove it and turned if off several times. Let's see if this does it. Thanks for your help!

Trasher

June, 29, 2008 AT 9:54 PM

He has been driving it for two days without a light on so hopefully it's fixed. Going to get the smog check tomorrow so I will know for sure after that : )

mastertechtim

June, 30, 2008 AT 7:33 PM

Nice

balajisubbiahs

July, 10, 2008 AT 10:39 AM

I got the same code for my 2001 Galant LS V6 3.0 L.
EGR is also good.
Can you please let me know the exact part name to change(" P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Mitsubishi) " ) and approx cost to fix it. Please help. Can we change it or we need labour (mechanic to do it) How much it will cost.

Balaji Subbiah S.

Trasher

July, 12, 2008 AT 12:21 AM

I got the part at Auto Zone since they scanned it for free. It cost $126 : (
It sits on top of your intake manifold and held down with 2 bolts with one electrical connector attached to it