2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse No pulse to fuel injectors

CHEINLEIN
  • 2000 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 100000 miles

I have changed the camshaft position sencer, fuel pump and filter, relays and computer. The car will start if I spray fluid into the throttle body but will not run. There is a recall on the car. #99v333001 but my battery wires do not seam to have any damage.
the only thing I can think of is the crank shaft possition sencer but I have looked around on the net and there is multiple other people that didnt have any luck when they replaced theirs so I am kinda skeptical. Not to mention I hear the igniton wouldnt work anyway if it was the cps. So if you could lend some advice I sure would appriciate it thanks
chad

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 1:52 PM

BLACKOP555

If you have spark at all cylinders then you dont have a bad crank shaft sensor.

First are you sure your getting fuel to the injectors and of enough quantity? Perform a fuel pressure test.

Next thing to check is if you have power at fuel injectors hook ups by throwing a noid light in there and cranking it if it flashes then you have injector pulse, if not check for voltage comign to it with the key on, one should be hot and the other no voltage at all.

Let me know what you find.

+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 7:57 PM
CHEINLEIN

I have connected a noid light to one injector. The light did not respond when the ignition was cranked. I dont know if I need a certin light for the make of the vehicle, but I did buy a set and one out of the set fit and like I said did not blink, stay on, or anything so that would be how I came to the conclusion of not getting any pulse to my injectors.
I would check the relay. Problem is there is pictures on the fuse case and I cant seam to figure out wich one it would be. There is a few little pictures that look like a little engine.
I suppose it would be one of them but no parts house even with a cross reffrence can get one.
I do appriciate your advice. If you could get back to me I might find a way to send a money order or somthing so that I can contribute to your site. I know the world is tough out here and if you can make a buck make it but I see you all are trying to provide a lagitamite service and am willing to contribute.

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 10:55 PM
BLACKOP555

Are you getting bright blue spark at all cylinders dont check just one, check them all!

If that is negative also, your crank shaft sensor may need replacing as that is what controls spark. It will also be best if you have the cam and crank sensors relearned at a shop, but its not necessary all of the time.

With the key on, check for voltage going to one of the pins of the fuel injector one should have voltage to it and one of the pins should not, disconnect all fuel injectors when checking for pulse or voltage.

-2
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 8:32 AM