Misfire on cylinder seven

WENDY ANNE WARD
  • 2006 DODGE DURANGO
Started with a lost of power and engine rattling shaking. Had the computer read and it stated that it was a Misfire on cylinder seven I took it to the garage and the mechanic said it was some pipe that looked burnt out. I had it replaced but it did not help the problem. Next had the engine removed and new seals were put it. All new spark plugs. The pistons and cylinder were inspected and looked fine. Fuel injectors were cleaned and all. The engine was put in and the same problem as before. It was running no better. Read the computer again and it showed a faulty o2 sensor so replaced all of them, that did not help either. Read the computer again and now it reads code P1072. Checked the MAF and it seems fine. We are at a lost here any help on where to go next would be great.
Saturday, August 13th, 2016 AT 2:41 AM

Take to a garage that can freeze frame and read the sensors, seems like where you took it they did not know what they were doing. also check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it. then look for a vacuum leak. this can be anything from a basic ignition problem to some thing more serious which seems to have been eliminated. also do a compression check the engine should have never come out to begin with especially since you still have the problem. check plug wire and coil for resistance as well. from what you have written it almost sounds like a home garage where the person wasn't really qualified on what to do.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
+1
Saturday, August 13th, 2016 AT 5:44 AM
WENDY ANNE WARD
These mechanics here are a joke. I forgot to mention that we are living in Iceland and our Dodge was imported. There are no dealerships or garages around us that have a lot of experience with these engines. I am hoping for the best here since money is flying out the window on this. Will put the car in the garage again tomorrow and have them do what you said to do. Also after reading what I can online about this I am seeing a lot of people who state that they cannot start the car even. That is not my problem at all. She starts fine and runs at idle great, but what is noticeable is the shaking or vibrating that is going on and the lost of power when you are driving. I am just mentioning this since you stated to do a fuel pressure test which will be done in the morning. Even if this part is okay would the fuel pressure have anything to do with it or are we ruling out whatever we can at this point?
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 AT 5:02 AM
Have them spray choke cleaner around vacuum lines for the leak.
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 AT 10:13 AM