2004 Mini Cooper 64000 miles
My Mini cooper is making such big noises that I can't continue to ignore so I took it to the shop. I was told the front wheel bearing needs to
get replaced. The whole noise started when I took the car for repairs and tire alignment six month ago. My car is 2004 model and only has 60K
miles on it. What I am trying to figure out is that if the previous repairs can possibly cause the bearing to go bad. This is what happened:
1) The front lower control arm bushings were replaced
2) The previous shop called to say that they discover some noises and noticed that the ball joints need to be replaced so they went ahead to
3) I then took the car to get tire alignment right the next day
4) I started noticing noises the next day after tire alignment
5) The noises get louder and louder over the six month period
6) the new shop told me the front wheel bearing needs to be replaced
Can any car expert give me opinion is it possible the previous shop or the tire alignment actually made the bearing to go bad? I am pretty sure it has to one of them since the noise started right the same time.
have the same problem?
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 3:45 PM