TRACER WONT START. HELP!!!!!!

1997 Mercury

ericrink

October, 5, 2010 AT 6:04 PM

1997 Other Mercury Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

so a friend of mine was trying to sell me a tracer that he had takeing up his yard space. At his house it wouldnt start right away till he wiggled the plug wires. After that it would fire up every time. I was told that it had sat over wither but ran like a top when parked, wtch it did then. I drove it home " 2miles" and it ran great. Let it idle in my driveway for a bit to work any bugs out or whatever and I was going to head to someones house. I made it about 5 miles and it sputtered and died. And it had a shot batt in it so I called for a jump. Thinking it might be out of gas " gaue lies to me" I poured some in and jumped it, it fired right up and I went on my way.
I noticed up every hill it would bog and I had no power till it died about 2 miles later. And it hasnt started sence. The car dose have remote start. Fyi.
I can not figure it out.
i.
changed the gas.
changed the plugs
changed the coil
tested each injector and thay all spray and are in good readings.
i removed the cat. In case it was clogged.
tested fuel pressure and its good
ran a computer on it and came up nothing
timeing is good. &Quot; and belt not broken"
tps is working
good compression
i just dont know. It DOSE fire. It just wont run. I do not get it. For once im stumped.
its my winter car and I need it going before winter. Any help wold be great

October, 5, 2010 AT 6:42 PM

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

082164

October, 29, 2010 AT 7:50 AM

Did you ever find out what is was. Mine did the same thing. I sure would like to now. Did it blow up.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right