IGNITION LOCK AND KEY ASSEMBLY

Mercedes Benz

Ansar Dumas

August, 31, 2007 AT 6:11 PM

I just purchased a vehicle.1992 Mercedes 300 E class.2 hundred eight thousand, auto, 2 wheel drive 2.6 ltr. Bno leaks. Some one attempted to steal it prior to my purchase and in addition to the window damage. They damaged the lock and key assembly.I'm trying to disassemble the key mechanism in order to replace it. How do I go about doing this.

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

b10butch

September, 12, 2007 AT 9:11 PM

Hello, On your 1992 Mercedes 300E you need to turn your ignition switch to the first notch (If you look at the black ring around the lock cylinder you will see a few dots. It will be the middle dot) Then you make a removal tool out of a piece of round metal, a small diameter coat hanger will work. Make it about 4 inches on each side and about one inch apart. You should see 2 small holes around the lock cylinder, they should be about 1:00 & 7:00 location, insert the tool into the holes about 1.25" or so and then use the key to remove the cylinder.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99658_tool_1.jpg

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide