2000 MERCEDES BENZ C230 4 CYL TWO WHEEL DRIVE ...

2000 Mercedes Benz C230

Driton

November, 17, 2008 AT 10:03 AM

2000 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

Hi, I recently received a “ check engine” light, and did a computer scan and came up with a P0170 code, and it says Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1). What does it mean, and how do I correct the problem. The car does not shift right in the lower gears sometimes and has lost performance. Thank you guys.

Trans Not Shifting

Not Shifting

1 IMAGE

racefan966

November, 17, 2008 AT 11:38 AM

Ok this could be a few things it could be an intake vacuum leak or an injector problem or fuel pressure regulator. What you should do is get a spray bottle with water and check the intake for any leaks first. Spray around the intake and upper plenum and throttle body and if the engine idle changes or tries to die then there is were the leak is. Start with this and let me know what you find and we will go from there. Ok.

Driton

November, 17, 2008 AT 5:26 PM

I think I found the problem, it looks like it is the mass air flow hose, and the throttle body hose, but I have no idea where to get them, I have been looking online and no luck. It is a Mercedes-Benz 2000 C230 Kompressor thanks again for the early response

jnovack

November, 17, 2008 AT 7:22 PM

If those are ridged hoses then I believe those are dealer parts at this time they're not aftermarket as of yet

Driton

November, 18, 2008 AT 10:20 AM

Hi,

I have a quick question, How do I install a new Mass Air Flow Sensor, and the hoses that connect from it to the throttle body. Like do I need to use some type of silicone or should I just tighten the hose clamps and thats it. Thank you

jnovack

November, 18, 2008 AT 4:03 PM

This is what the map sensor looks like it should be located on the intake manifold

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/52960_wl2su6055003_1.jpg

as for the hoses if there are clamps on each end of hose just remove and install same clamps when you put the hoses on if no clamps then you just push on and tats it