1999 MERCEDES BENZ 320E WHY DID MY CAR STALL ON ME WHILE ST

• Girlygirl1
  • 1999 MERCEDES BENZ 320E

1999 Mercedes Benz 320e 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

For a couple of weeks my car has been stalling on me sometimes. I was just stopped at a red light when it stalled on me. What could the problem be? And is there anything I could try to get it started so that I can get home?

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 AT 12:04 AM

• Gfimotorcars
  • 681 POSTS

First off do you have any lights on in the dash, i.e. check engine light, BAS, ESP, etc. If you do I would recommend heading to Autozone to have them put a diagnostic scanner on the vehicle to read the codes. Write the code and full description down and send them to me. If there are no codes I would consider a faulty crankshaft position sensor. Location is in the top right box of this diagram.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/294900_MB_210_Crank_Position_Sensor_2.jpg

When this component begins to fail often times it will do so by causing intermittent stalls for, what appears to be, no reason.

Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 5:09 PM