Mercedes Benz 300sd Car pulls to one direction.

CEBALLOSJC
  • 1930 MERCEDES BENZ 300SD

Steering problem
Mercedes Benz 300sd 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 71000 miles

Hello there.I just have my car aligned (but not get a balance or tire rotation) and the it keeps pulling to the right.

There is no obvious diagnostic I can make since the car slightly shifts to the right when driving fast, slow or breaking. The only hint I can give is that I feel that the problem is in the front, since it goes strait when going up in a ramp. The car is rear wheel drive.

I have checked the tire pressure and they are fine. The car has performance tires. What could be the problem? Can a balance and tire rotation cure the problem?

Thanks !

Saturday, January 19th, 2008 AT 10:39 PM

MHPAUTOS

Hi there,

Check that the tyres are in good condition, it is a waste of time doing an alignment if the tyres are suspect, Try doing a rotation first, if no good, the alignment machine may be out of calibration and if so, you will have to start at the beginning again.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, January 19th, 2008 AT 10:44 PM

Help us by donating