I HAVE A 1980 RX7 WITH 73000 MILES ON IT

1980 Mazda RX7

rweikert

July, 6, 2006 AT 12:22 PM

I have a 1980 RX7 with 73000 miles on it. The engine just started cutting in and out at moderate speeds. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, rotor, cap and wires but nothing changed. I ran some carb cleaner through it that didn't help either. When I accelorate to 4500 rpms it runs fine.

Jack42

September, 12, 2006 AT 5:13 PM

Try the low speed coil

rweikert

September, 13, 2006 AT 7:05 AM

I'm familiar with the iginition coils but not the low speed coil. Can you tell me where it's located and how to check it?

Cosmo

September, 14, 2006 AT 6:07 PM

Has the car been stored OR not running for awhile? If this is the case the primary jets might have clogged up a bit in the car. THERE IS NO LOW speed coil in an rx-7 The rx-7 uses a dual coil, twin points system that fires the leading and trailing plugs at different times. Have you got the plug wires on the proper plugs T=trailing plug (or top plug) L=leading plug (or lower plug). The first set of plugs being L1 and T1 and the back two (closet to the the firewall) are L2 and T2. Have the car checked out by a properly trained rotary Mazda tech.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford