• Gnuggets
  • Mazda MX5

Hello Everyone My names Matthew.
I just bought a mazda mx3 for 1800 dollers its a 1993 with rebuilt engine. The engine has only 60k miles as I am told. The car runs great however when I let off the gas to stop at a stop sign the engine kinda shakes as in LOW RPMS then dies then I start the car up and I have to rev the engine between 1k to keep it runing its just fine while driving does anyone know what could be going on with this? I put some fuel injecter cleaner to see if that would help SO far nothen when I play with electronics it cuts out and dies if I roll down the window it willl GO low RPS and die turn on teh headlights it will LOW RPM and die =/
anyways thanks guys

Thursday, December 28th, 2006 AT 1:52 AM

• Bumpysbro

Does it happen before or after the car warms up. And if you start the car and let it idle does it just die. Sounds to me like a vacuum leak maybe, but if it happens after the car warms up could be a coolant temperature sensor thats causing it. Check for cracks in your rubber intake boot that goes from you air cleaner to your throttle body for cracks.

Some other things maybe a IAC(idle air control valve) its a $500 dollar part from mazda. A TPS( throttle position sensor) out of adjustment.

Friday, January 5th, 2007 AT 6:50 PM