1993 Mazda MX3 car dies and will not start

APPYZRULE
  • 1993 MAZDA MX3
I just started having these problems a couple days ago since we have been having a lot of rain and moisture, my car will start and go for a while and then it will die and after about a hour or so it will start up, but it just died tonight and would not even crank over.
Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 1:45 AM

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 5:15 PM

Sponsored links