MAZDA 323 NO SPARK

• mazda323
  • 1932 Mazda 323

Hi my name is tim, I have a 1989 mazda 323 hatchback 1.6 sohc, 5 speed manual, it has 126, xxx miles. I was driving down the street one day and I was at red light and my car just died, I checked the battery teminals, made sure all the spark plug wires were secure. I also checked the wires at the distriutor end and there was blue corrosion, so I bought new spark plug wires and it still wont start. I know its not getting spark because I took a spark plug wire and put a spark plug in it and grounded it and tryed to start it and no spark. My cap and rotor are brand new, I think it might have to do with my coil or some thing, if you could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

Monday, February 12th, 2007 AT 4:30 PM

• Cosmo

It sounds like you need to have the pick-up and ignighter checked out on yor car. If there is no spark, it is probably the distributo that has gone faulty.

Check your local Mazda Dealer.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 AT 5:56 PM
  • rasmataz

Could be the coil check its primary and secondary resistances and to include power at the pos. Terminal of the coil while key is in On position- could also be one of those that Mr. Cosmo mentioned.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007 AT 1:19 AM