1987 Mazda 323 170,000 1.6l

MARK LONG
  • 1987 MAZDA 323
I have just changed the timing belt. The car did jump time about 4 notches, now I have some smoke coming from the exhaust. The car is cranking great and sounding smoother. I also just had a muffler system changed on the car and we deleted the catalytic converter do you think this could cause the smoke?
Tuesday, February 6th, 2007 AT 11:59 AM

No, comeback with the color of the smoke
Thursday, February 8th, 2007 AT 4:40 AM
MARK LONG
Well I finally realized what I done. When putting the wires on the distributor I messed up and went clockwise instead of counter clockwise. She is now purring like a kitten. This car has been a headache for the parts but it is a good car. Better than when I dred getting into my wifes 99 dodge intrepid. The motors for those things are not cheap. A used one is 2200 that is the cheapest I am not sure what to do with that car. I think it is the rings. It is throwing alot of gray smoke. And the engine light is on
Thursday, February 8th, 2007 AT 7:07 AM
A blue smoke indicates oil burning-rings/valve guides&seals/worn cyclinders-excessive crankcase pressure.

Try checking the fuel system-Gray smoke? And have the code pull
Thursday, February 8th, 2007 AT 2:49 PM