MAF 5volt ref

AL514
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Hello Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 5 volt ref for a MAF and where it goes? Only 2, 5v at MAF. I need to trace it back to splice.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 5:47 AM

Pink is hot and goes to fuse box engine devices. Yellow wire to computer and not spliced pic shows connection at computer.
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 6:26 AM
AL514
Pink has battery power to it, just getting 2.5V ref on yellow wire. Also only getting 2.5v at air temp sensor on the boot from air filter.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 6:53 AM
It can either be a poor connection or wiring burnt as I answered your other reply where you said harness burned. So you may have fried computer check at computer what you are getting I sent that in second pic. It's marked.
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 7:01 AM
AL514
Does air intake sensor run 5V to ECM by itself also?
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 7:05 AM
See pic for info. But with what has happened I think you should have a mechanic look at this for a cheaper faster fix. And yes it should have 5 volts as well.
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 8:06 AM
AL514
Ill check out the output voltage at the ECM and its ground and go from there, I just figured all the 5V ref were on the same circuit, but after looking at the wiring diagrams I can see they come out of all different pins. Ive diagnosed things like this before. I just didn't have the diagrams to check it out. Plus someone has hacked the electrical system in this car. Theres cut wires under the seats and dash. My guess is someone had a sound system in it a one point. Thanks for the help though.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 8:45 AM
The speed density or air intake is at #50 on pcm.
+1
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 9:29 AM