1990 Lincoln Town Car air ride suspension

DEVON 443
  • 1990 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
Suspension problem
1990 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

help. My car is almost sitting on the ground there is about4 inches between the two I already replaced air bags and shocks in the rear I dont know what else it cound be and I dont have the mony to take it to the dealer or the money to have it towed there because im afraid to drive it as I dont want to mess it up more. I dont have alot of anything and this is how I get my kids around I have also replaced the relay that is under hood
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 1:10 PM

MERLIN2021
Check the height sensor, it attaches to the rear axle on the drivers side, I think! The ball end slips out of the axle mount. For saftey sake turn trhe switch off in the trunk, jack car up place stand under the car's frame do the work. Place car back on the ground, turn the switch back on, then start the car to raise the back.
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 5:10 PM
DEVON 443
How would you check the hight sencer to know if its bad(1990 lin. Town car
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 5:30 PM
MERLIN2021
I didnt say the sensor was bad, I said look for the sensor arm being detached from the axle! Only way to tell about air suspension codes is with a scan tool like Fords NGS tool to scan the codes, we are talking about a visible check, also does the compressor run? It wont if this arm is not hooked up!
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 5:55 PM
DEVON 443
Do you have a pic of this particular mode of height sensor as I cant find one online and I am having a hard time locating in in the rear driver side axal. And im not shure how you tell if the compresser is running althuogh I have located that and the dryer. Today the air bags are deflated
Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 4:00 PM
MERLIN2021
Ok this is from a 92 that's as far back as I have catalogs for, but it should be the same, your, if it is the same will be on the left(drivers) upper arm, this is what I have for a photo.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Height_sensor_1.gif

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_height2_1.jpg

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 5:14 PM
GREENEYES61958
Hi there I have the same car and there is a suspension reset in the trunk on the left hansd side wall, it might have a yellow tag around it, I hope this helps, take care
Thursday, May 20th, 2010 AT 5:37 PM