AIR RIDE SYSTEM

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

scrubtech50

September, 8, 2010 AT 5:06 AM

Suspension problem
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 133 miles

i had it check for leaks and they say there is none, when I start it up the pump work and than the airride sytem light come on I turn the car off and back on the does not come back on. Sometime when iam driving down the road it come on and when I get some hwere the front is low. What els can it it bee they say the pump working find

BLUECOLLAR

September, 8, 2010 AT 12:05 PM

At this point, it could be several things. The first thing you need to do is to do a leak test. This can be done without even getting your hands dirty: By far, the easiest way to test for a leak, is to allow the car to vent down after shutting off the engine and opening and closing the door.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THE CAR HAS LOWERED PRIOR TO TURNING THE SUSPENSION SWITCH OFF, OR THE TEST WON'T BE ACCURATE!

If nothing else, wait 5 minutes after you turn the ignition off. Then turn the suspension switch off. The car should have vented by then.

After this, turn the suspension switch off and measure the height of the 4 corners of the car with a tape measure and write it down.

Now drive the vehicle for a few days.

If the vehicle has a leak, the car should go down after driving.

NOTE: Depending on the severity of the leak, it may take more than one day to leak down. This is the case more times than you would think.

By all means, if the car goes down after 10 minutes of driving, turn the switch back and resume your journey. You have answered your question.

Give me a shout with the results.

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda