Limp mode

UNIMICHAEL88
  • 2002 HONDA CIVIC
Replaced radiator, reconnected radiator hoses and transmission cooler lines. Snapped on all connectors. Topped off transmission with OEM Honda fluid. Next day limp mode with no cruise control. Bench tested a b solenoid both clicked proper ohms range. Screen perfectly clean. Fluid replaced two months prior four three quart drain and refill refills twelve total no back flush. I know it is electrical but does this point to a particular sensor. Sprayed and cleaned all connectors with electric contact cleaner. Do not know what I missed.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 9:51 AM

Recheck your work replacing a radiator should set a code. Then check fuses under hood.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 12:10 PM
UNIMICHAEL88
Checked everything and no codes. Are there soft codes my scanner would not see?Could I have damaged a sensor with electricity meaning not physical damage? Would reversed transmission coolant hoses cause a problem? How can I check each sensor and find resistance values with and ohmmeter? How do I find out the voltage present on the wiring harness connectors and what the exact voltage at the connectors should be?
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 2:25 PM
Most sensors operate on five volts. The only sensors you can check for resistance is ect it will be high at around seventy two degrees and go down to less than 1000 at temperature. I think you are shooting your self in the foot looking for this see if you can get the soft codes to pull up reversed coolant lines would only send transmission oil in different direction or would not at all as one side is pressure other is not. Not sure if it would or not as no pressure would mean overheating in transmission. Try reversing see if it clears up. Surprising that there are no codes in limp there should be.
Friday, January 27th, 2017 AT 3:24 PM
UNIMICHAEL88
Pulled codes. Cleaned all connectors. Deleted codes. Haven't come back for 2 weeks. Silly me. Did not write down codes. Thought they would come back. D light was flashing did not come back. Saw in Honda forum limp mode and no cruise is electrical. Bad connection or sensor. Trying to pinpoint that sensor with these symptoms. Have and ISS OSS VSS TCC to many to list. I did disconnect the Input shaft speed sensor in the front of the transaxle. Wonder if I could have shorted the sensor. Others were disconnected to make clearance for cooling fan removal and radiator removal.
Saturday, January 28th, 2017 AT 10:18 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Good morning

you cannot short out sensors. It may be more of a bad connection. Make sure there is no damage to the pins or connector.

Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 AT 6:29 AM