Sorry for the delay in replying as notification was not received till now.
Perform the following and see if you an come up with anything.
SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
Speedometer/Vehicle Speed (4-Pulse) Signal Check
1. Drive vehicle and check odometer operation. If odometer does not operate, trouble shoot odometer. If odometer operates properly, remove instrument cluster with wiring harness still attached. Go to next step.
2. Turn ignition on. Connect voltmeter between appropriate instrument cluster connector "A" terminal # 14 and ground. Raise and support vehicle and rotate drive shaft.
3. Voltage should fluctuate between zero volts to 5 volts (or more) per revolution of drive shaft. If voltage does not exist or does not fluctuate as indicated, go to step 5). If voltage fluctuates, go to next step.
4. Check wiring harness between instrument cluster and VSS. If speedometer/vehicle speed (4-pulse) signal and wiring harness are okay, replace circuit plate. If circuit operation is still incorrect, replace instrument cluster computer.
5. If speedometer/vehicle speed (4-pulse) signal and wiring harness are not okay, trouble shoot instrument cluster or repair wiring harness.
Saturday, April 17th, 2010 AT 7:52 AM