2004 Lexus ES 330 Glove box tension device

CIMCOR@MSN.COM
  • 2004 LEXUS ES 330

2004 Lexus ES 330 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 33,000 miles

I recently installed a new cabin air filter. When I disassembled the components to allow me to get into the filter, the glove box door tension device fell into the space to the right, rear of the door. Upuo reassembly of the glove box door, I find I don't konow how to reassemble the tension device. Does the Philips head screw go thru hole C? If not which hole, A or B? In addition does the tension device get mounted with the rib up or down?

THanks for your help.

Monday, July 28th, 2008 AT 12:36 PM

KHLOW2008

Hi cimcor,

Thanks for the donation.

Hope the diagram is what your are looking for.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_LexusE330GloveBox01_1.jpg

.

-1
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 AT 10:20 AM
DJCLOUD

Where does the other end of the piston attach? The whole piston fell out when I removed the two holding pins. I can't find where the top part of the piston attaches.

-1
Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 1:23 PM
DJCLOUD

I made a donation, how come you won't respond to my question?
Djcloud

Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 5:33 PM
FIXITMR

Did you disconnect the top part or did it come off by itself?

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 6:41 PM
DJCLOUD

It came off by itself and I looked but could not figure out where it was supposed to connect.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 6:55 PM
FIXITMR

So there is no clue as to what was holding it on?

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 7:04 PM
DJCLOUD

No, and there is no obvious place where the top attaches. That I can see.

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 7:18 PM
FIXITMR

Is this like yours? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoszqKqTdG8

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 7:28 PM
DJCLOUD

I will have to wait until I get home from work to check it. They block youtube here at work. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thank you for hanging with me on this issue. I will be back to you tomorrow

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 7:42 PM
FIXITMR

What I found so far is the end that came off just clips on whatever that means, since I dont know what the other end looks like.

-1
Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 7:56 PM
DJCLOUD

I watched the video last night. It may be a problem with my tensioner. I am not sure that the rod that attaches to the glove box is actually telescopic. I just got in my replacement filter, so I will be taking it apart again tonight. I will let you know what I find.
Stay tuned!

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 AT 12:24 PM
FIXITMR

Yes it says in vid arm disappears into hole when you disconnect. I was assuming you were holding it your hand loose from glove box.

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 AT 1:42 AM
TRILECCA

Did you ever figure this one out. I've had the same problem with mine and can't figure out what the top of the tension arm clips to. The video doesn't show that part of it. I know it says it should disappear back into the hole, but mine fell off altogether as well. Are there any video's or instructions somewhere online to fix that? Thanks! :)

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 AT 10:45 PM
KENHREED

The top of the tensioner slides onto a small plastic "nub". You have the two black plugs that keep the glove box from falling down when it is reassembled. Look at the hole for the plug on the right. Inside that area will be a small plastic nub (same color as the plastic around it) Your tensioner slides onto that "nub"

Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 2:20 AM
NORRISRN

I have an '04 ES330 on which the service tech apparently pulled the tensioner from its mounting post each time the cabin air filter was replaced resulting in a situation where it simply won't stay in place on the post resulting in the same situation described above. It appears the little legs on the mounting nub have have been squeezed together and won't stay far enough apart to keep the tensioner from sliding off. Any suggestions for resolving this issue?

-1
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 7:24 PM
BOBBENEDICT

Maybe to make the attachment a bit more clear. On the cylinder there two black loops molded into the plastic. Disconnect the cylinder arm from the glove box if it is still attached and with the loops pointed down, simply slide the loop furthest away from the end with the screw onto the black nub on its left. After it's affixed to the nub, pull the screw-end arm down and replace the screw, attaching the arm to the glove box. All that remains is to replace the right and left plastic attachments inside the glove box.

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 AT 7:22 PM
FIXITMR

A picture or drawing of the "legs" situation would help with recommending a fix.

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 AT 4:40 AM