2008 Kia Sportage Car wont start

KNAWLLEGE
  • 2008 KIA SPORTAGE
2008 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I'm trying to start my car, it sounds like it is trying to start, but it wont turn over. Any suggestions on what it might be?
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 3:47 PM

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark

Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light.

Fuel pump and Injector/s checks out-start checking the ignition system-power to coil, coil/s itself, distributor pick-up, control module, Cam and Crankshaft sensors.

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time
-2
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 3:57 PM
SIRRAH
Seeing as this is a 2008 model is it not covered by manufacturers warranty?
-1
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 4:27 PM
What's your intention fix it yourself or send it in?
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 4:35 PM
SIRRAH
Does the vehicle make a clicking noise on trying to start? Is this happening everytime you try and start?
+8
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 4:55 PM
Have you tried my earlier suggestion?

It sounds like it is trying to start, but it wont turn over. Does it crank over and refuses to start or it won't crank at all we need to know this-
Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 5:02 PM