OVERHEATING

1999 Kia Sportage

emtsvnlvs

May, 28, 2009 AT 8:15 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 83500 miles

Last summer I had the following done to my 99 Kia
Sportage. Water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, thermostat replaced. I live in western Colorado and as our weather started to heat up so did my Kia so 2 wks ago took it back in to have the thermostat replaced again because it was fluctuating. Since getting it back it has started heating back up. It seems to do it only when I am sitting idleing. I can run on the hiway with the air on and it does not heat up. Once I get into town I shut the air off and just sitting at a stop light it will heat up. Any ideas? Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

July, 11, 2009 AT 11:47 PM

Are the cooling fans coming on? At highway speeds, air flows through the radiator from moving. When sitting still, the fans need to draw coolant through the radiator to cool it.

jalajanda

June, 26, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

My Car KIA Sportage 2000 EX like this trouble, and I just replace Motor Fan AC and repair Motor Fan Radiator, now I changes water coolant with distilled water but the problem not solve, could uyou tell me please how to solve my car problem, thank's

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage