STARTER

2003 Kia Sedona

jasoncollins

February, 21, 2010 AT 12:33 PM

Computer problem
2003 Kia Sedona 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 94222 miles

my kia sedona 2003 will not start I put it on a charger it said it had a full charge tried to jump it did the smae thing

Starter

Starter

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

February, 22, 2010 AT 2:19 AM

Pick your symptom: **Get back with some results.

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000