• jasoncollins
  • 2003 Kia Sedona

Computer problem
2003 Kia Sedona 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 94222 miles

my kia sedona 2003 will not start I put it on a charger it said it had a full charge tried to jump it did the smae thing

Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 12:33 PM

• rasmataz

Pick your symptom:
**Get back with some results.

Cranks but no start condition:

Fuel and Spark:
Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No crank at all/nothing/nada:

Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 2:19 AM