CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

2004 Kia Optima

crigdon

March, 7, 2010 AT 9:49 AM

2004 Kia Optima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

I was driving my car asnd everything was running good pulled up to a stop sign and I died. I got it towed home pulled off the timingbelt cover and there are teeth missing off the belt. I am assuming that the teeth have have messed up the crankshaft sensor. I would like to know where to locate this sensor ajnd how to check/change it out if needed. And also is it very hard to replace timing belt. I dont think it jumped time or anything as the dohc marks are pointing up and look to bein the right position but I am not 100% sure. Please I can not afford to donate any money as I have a 3 yr old son and a 2month old baby girl. PLEASE HELP

tazzmini

April, 10, 2010 AT 9:21 PM

I have the same problem I did replace timing belt but still no start. To change the belt you will have to remove all belts and pullies and the motor mount just to take the old one of.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet