ENGINE COOLING PROBLEM2001 KIA OPTIMA 4 CYL ...

2001 Kia Optima

cerio

May, 31, 2008 AT 10:21 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Kia Optima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

I own a 2001 kia optima. Recently I noticed some steam at night in front of my headlights.I opened the hood and found water along the whole top of the radiator.I cannot find any leaks but every time I stop the car I find a few drips on the ground and water all along the top of the raditor. Started my car cold and felt the upper hose, it got warm after about 3 minutes. Took the cap off the radiator and after about 5 min. The water level went down only about one eight of an inch. Water started to flow slowly out the radiator spout. Gassed the engine and the level goes down some what, but I do not see any circulation with bubbles. Also when I take the cap off it does not push down, just turn it and it comes off. Also the over flow bucket has always been empty, but I cannot see any upper or lower marks on the bucket. The bucket sits very low and has a twelve inch spout with only a snap on cap on top.

June, 1, 2008 AT 1:43 AM

Hi cerio,

Since the reserve tank is running dry, the should be a leakage somewhere.

Check the radiator cap seals or seats.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500