2.5 4 Cyl 1993 Jeer Wrangler 116000 miles

FRANK123
  • 1993 JEEP WRANGLER
This jeep has been losing power(kind of like it's running out of gas). I changed the fuel Filter, plugs and wires but noticed the firing sequence was not as described in the repair manuel. I kept them in the same order as I found them but I'm still having the problem; although not as bad. Should I fix the firiing order to the repair manuel specifications?
Monday, July 23rd, 2007 AT 12:59 PM

ROB66ERT
If your fireing order is wrong the jeep would not just loose power, it would not run properly from start up, if it would start. Maybe if just one was wrong it might start but would run incredibly rough even at idle, dead miss. Sorry dont have the answear to fix, there are a wide range of sensors and problems that could cause this, need more details
Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 12:53 PM
BMRFIXIT
Firing order if not correct engine will run rough that if it start
check timing and check for a vacuum leaks and check fuel pressure too

here is the firing order and cylinder line up

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_jeep_25_1.jpg

Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 5:59 PM
AIRSOFTSOLDRECN9
Firing order is 1342 as these techs have listed before. The car will not start in any other order. This car probably needs some work done. The timing chain is probably very worn and needs to be replaced. You can check this by taking off the valve cover and the spark plugs and with an assistant turning the crank note the movement of the rocker arms. Note when each rocker arm moves, which valve on what cylinder and the degree at which it opens and closes. If you want to do this I can explain what to do in detail. Otherwise it might be time better spent taking off the timing chain cover and replacing the chain and tensioner. Note if the tensioner was worn or the timing marks on the gears did not match up then yes you did the right thing. It really isnt a big deal. You need to take off the shroud. Fan, clutch, water pump, thermostat housing, crankshaft pulley, and then the cover should be there to take off.
Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 AT 1:30 AM