2001 Jeep Wrangler Coolant Leak

GIGGY09
  • 2001 JEEP WRANGLER
I'm leaking engine coolant through my heater core. My radiator has been tested and no leaks have been found. However, I can see coolant dripping from the heater core into my floor boards in the car and onto the ground outside the car. The engine has been overheating and I constantly need to refill the radiator to keep the engine cool.

My question is, how do I stop the leak through the heater core? I know I can bypass it by connecting the hoses but that leaves me without heat in my car. Please help me out if you can. Thanks!
Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 11:04 AM

MICKEY-D
You have two options. Bypass the heater core, or replace it. Sorry.
Thursday, December 17th, 2009 AT 2:53 PM
GIGGY09
Thanks for your reply! Just for reference. Roughly how much would it cost to replace the heater core? I've been hearing anything from $200-$400.
Thursday, December 17th, 2009 AT 3:11 PM
DOCFIXIT
Try some Aluminaseal small tube silver flakes. Parts house will have look at the additive section. Tube on a card works good make stop leak.
Repair is 4.3 hrs plus core dash needs to come out so more like $700
Thursday, December 17th, 2009 AT 3:27 PM