Engine Cooling problem
1999 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 123, 00 miles
1. About 6 months ago got a new radiator, hoses, etc. Full redo.
2. About 4 months ago got overheat indicator. Checked radiator and coolant was low.
3. Brought back to shop to check. Fluid in radiator was dirty/rusty color. They did another cooling system pressure test and there were no leaks.
4. Continue to loose coolant slowly. I add about 1 liter, every 3 weeks.
5. Every once in a while, I get a smell of coolant when I step out of the Jeep. Jeep is running great. Mechanic said that maybe Block is cracked and/or coolant is picking up rust internally somewhere.
I have not brought in yet for full check to investigate this issue more.
I am wondering if Jeep has terminal illness!
have the same problem?
Friday, December 11th, 2009 AT 11:45 AM