See My Profile,
Imma CJ Guy....Member like you (who answers a lot),
Answering is just one of my hobbies, I am not paid like the certified guys here.
I just try to help and try to stay within my boundries.
My answer may not help much, but here it is anyway!
I do not know your Rig.
1) Have you located 2nd and Higher gears----Try shifting into them!
2) 165000 Miles may tell some of the story--things wear in your engine.
3) Tire Size---stock?.......Wide---Big doesn't help.
4) Have you got a repair manual?....Fuel Economy means Efficency!......They are discussed within.
5) Additives such as Oil stabilizer might "Slicken" the engine up
6) Weght----We will let you hash that out with him/her/other!........I have my Standards, and You have yours.
7) Timing????????? No mention!
8) Vacuum Lines / gaskets and related gizmos broke/worn/deteriorated causing vacuum leaks?
9) Injector Cleaner?
10) You may be able to find a "Performance Chip" for your rig---Maybe....Try 4WD Hardware and Others for this item....if your rig will accept one.......Remember Imma CJ Feller
Explore the CJ 5 and CJ 7 posts other stuff there might interest you!
Here's my 2, No "Sissy" Names for "Rugged"---"Manly" Vehicles:
"Mr. Jeep" 1977 CJ5 258 6 cyl w/ 390 4bbl Holley
"WILLY" 1946 Willys 4 cyl L-134
Let me know if this stuff helps
I'm here, anytime you want to talk "JEEP"
My Profile reveals stuff I will share if you are interested.
Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 11:40 AM