93 FRONT END LOCKS UP ON SHARP TURNS ????

1993 Jeep

Thom

I have a 93 Grand Cheroke with 150 k on it It's in great shape but when I drive 20 - 25 expressway miles and go to park the car it locks up on sharp turns left or right as though the brakes have been applied worse in reverse but straighten out the wheels and it releases. After 3 grease monkeys, brakes front end work etc still no help. Coulld it possibly be wheel bearings?[/Quote]

Front End

captain hank

January, 15, 2007 AT 2:18 AM

I would suspect that you have defective brake hoses. When you turn the wheels you are creating a sharp bent (a kink e.G.) In the hoses, causing the brake fluid not being able to return to the master cylinder. Thus the pressure that is locking up your calipers is still present. Visual inspection of the brake hose is not enough because the problem in internal. Have your mechanic replace both hoses and re-check.

Redjeeep

October, 31, 2008 AT 3:40 PM

[/quote]

i need to know if you jeep has all wheel drive or two wheel drive if you look at the transforcase lever it will have 3 positions or 5 positions pease let me know

the order should be 2 wheel high 4 wheel high part time or full time nutral 4 wheel low or 4 wheel full time nutral 4 wheel low

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Replace Tie Rod End