MISFIRE HARD START SOMETIMES

1995 Jeep

leftys4js

1995 Other Jeep Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

Hello I have a 95 grand cherokee 5.2L aprox 185k has been running great until today the wife took it to wal-mart ran fine there. When she left it was hard to start and has a miss she picked me up from work shut it off and it wouldnt start unless I held the gas pedal to the floor. Got it home I pulled all the plugs and check the gaps(they were just put in this summer) all looked good there checked all the plug wires and they also were fine. Went to the store started ok but still miss. Wants to die at stop lights/signs and when you accelerate it has a few second hesitation. When leaving the store it wouldnt start again until I held it to the floor real gassy smell when it started. As the wife describes it is sounds like an old farm truck when its running. No check engine light. Sounds like an old carberated car choking. Being on a low budget I really dont have the funds to hit and miss right now so figured this looked like a good place to start. If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
thanks

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Engine misfiring can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is cracked open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right