DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHTS COMING ON, BUT N

2006 Jeep Liberty

teeters

March, 18, 2008 AT 7:08 PM

Brakes problem
2006 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 40,000 miles

The " ESP, BAS light and the " ABS" light and the light that illustrates a " car with skid marks" has been coming on and sometimes will stay on and other times they won't come on or they they will come on and then go out at some point in time during my commute. What's wrong? Our dealer closed his auto store so we would have to commute 160 miles for service

mastertechtim

March, 18, 2008 AT 7:22 PM

Well theres not much we can do without trouble codes and the only way to get them is with a scan tool, so it looke like you might have to take a ride. Let us know

fxb141

January, 12, 2010 AT 7:06 AM

I know its been almost 2 years since this post - but have you (or anyone else) found what the problem is? My 2006 liberty 60k miles just started doing this exact same thing. When the lights are on, abs and antiskid function do not work. Then, magically, the lights go out and all is back to normal. Seems like a loose connection? Any help woudl be appreciated!

stingray761

December, 28, 2010 AT 11:26 PM

The steering angle sensor is the likely problem or the front speed sensor by replacing the sensor it should fix it. But going to the dealership to have the computer system checked to see what the error code is will tell you which one it is. I got that info from another website. Www. Jeepforum. Com

stingray761

December, 31, 2010 AT 9:11 PM

I forgot to mention that the reason why I was searching for that info was that I had the same problem and that is what I found out. But, after going to the dealership and they checked the sensor, it was fine but the wiring harness had a nick in it and had to be replaced.

nancymarinedickinson

March, 1, 2013 AT 7:23 PM

My 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited recently started doing this, too. I'll be driving along and the cruise control will kick off, the ABS, EXP and "skidding car" lights will all come on.

Took it to the mechanic and both times they checked for codes, once with the dash off then with them on (they came on as I was backing out of the space) and both times NO CODES.

I know mechanics nowadays can't seem to diagnose a single problem in a car w/o codes, but this is a problem that will really require actual mechanics.

I've read in several places it might be a wiring harness, but each time, it's a different one.

I would appreciate some advice before taking it to my $70 an hour mechanic and having them throw darts at a board.

rbds41

November, 3, 2014 AT 11:16 PM

Hi, I just had this happen to me on my Jeep Liberty 2006. Exactly how you described it. I took it to the dealer and they replace the ABS. It kept on sticking. Things do go wrong, so be wise and get it fixed. Enjoy. Stay Safe.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet