BRAKE LIGHTS

2000 Jeep Laredo

steely_dank

March, 6, 2010 AT 8:21 AM

2000 Jeep Laredo 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

left brake light turns off when pedal is pressed down but only when headlights are on. Tail light works fine until you press pedal down but again only when headlights are on.
when headlights are off everything works fine.
tried placing aluminum foil on single side contactor and that did nothing.
PLEASE HELP me out of the next ticket.
THANK YOU

Beef99

March, 7, 2010 AT 8:52 AM

To help you more, I will need to know if you have a Wrangler, Cherokee, or Grand Cherokee. It sounds like you may have a possible ground problem or a bare wire rubbing, first location I would check is the junction where all of the wires plug in the back, Also, one of the leading causes to your problem is the trailer light plug harness or the plug itself shorting your system out, try removing the trailer plug system on the back and isolating the wires and see if this helps.

steely_dank

March, 11, 2010 AT 12:51 PM

It is a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo
i have checked for bare wires in the back and see none.
I dont think there is a trailer plug harness.
Not that I know of anyway.
Pretty sure its a ground problem so I tried running an extra ground from the black wire to the frame and that shorted out every light on the left side.

besquivel

April, 13, 2010 AT 10:24 AM

Did you get this resolved? I have the exact same issue going on with my 2000 laredo. Please let me know if you found a solution for this. Thanks.

steely_dank

April, 13, 2010 AT 12:39 PM

Did not yet get this resolved.I tried 4 or 5 different things, i.E. Running a new ground, replacing wires, checking connections. No luck with anything. I have given in and am taking it to a repair shop tomorrow.I will let you know the cost of this repair after I have it done.I just had the relay to the rad fan go as well. They come in 3's so now I am just waiting on the next thing. Good luck!

BGB1963

July, 10, 2010 AT 3:30 PM

I have this same problem I have a 99 laredo, did you get this fixed?

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz