1978 Jeep J10 can't find part name to order

  • 1978 JEEP J10

Engine Mechanical problem
1978 Jeep J10 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

the metal gasket between motor and transmission that acts like a stater shim for the starter
? What is the part name and will the parts house have it
/what happened was the bottom starter bolt backed out and the starter bent the metal gasket and now the bent part rubs the fly wheel when running the starter is not engaugeing properly cause of the bent metal gasket
and I think I will have to replace the fly wheel part too
I have to hand turn the engine and find the sweet spot so the starter will engauge the flywheel teeth

thank you andy

Do you
have the same problem?
Saturday, December 12th, 2009 AT 6:10 PM

1 Reply

  • 48,140 POSTS

They may call it a transmission shield. I'm not sure if an auto parts place would have that but a specialty place that handles jeep parts only would I imagine. You can always pulll it off and try to straighten it with either a hammer or a press as that would do a better job.

Was this
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 11:25 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Related Starter Bolt Questions

Recommended articles