ENGINE WON'T TURN OVER.

Jeep CJ7

bluescrambler

October, 5, 2007 AT 9:45 AM

The starting system is fine, starter tries to turn over flywheel which is stuck. Engine NEVER overheated, but was left to sit for 6-8 months. I THINK oil drained from cylinders leaving it frozen. Is there a way to re-lubricate the cylinders safely? What is the best method for this using what type of lubricant? Also, what else do you think might be causing this problem if you think my diagnosis is incorrect? Thanks!

fairracing31

October, 5, 2007 AT 8:30 PM

Use a rachet and socket on the crank bolt and see if you can turn it by hand. If it turns, your starter my not have the power to turn the motor. Be sure your battery is fully charged and your battery terminals are clean and making good contact. Also check your battery cables. If it turns over by hand, terminals are good, battery is good, cables are good, its most likley a starter going out.

BoBo0410

February, 2, 2008 AT 12:20 AM

Also make sure to check your fuel filter which could be clogged or just really dirty from sitting a while and try checking your spark plugs and wires

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Starter Replacement