2001 Jeep Cherokee Brake Light

LARRY KEENUM
  • 2001 JEEP CHEROKEE
2001 Jeep Cherokee V6 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

Driver side rear lights - when I turn on the lights, all tail lights are okay but when I press the brake pedal all lights go out on the rear driver side. Without lights on the brake light on the left side doesn't work. Turn signal, tail light, and backup lights work until you step on the brake. Every thing works on the passenger side. I changed the brake light bulb, no help. I switched the passenger side and the driver side taillight assembly and the driver's side unit will not work on the passenger side but the passenger side unit will work on the driver's side. Suggestions?
Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 AT 1:18 PM

I switched the passenger side and the driver side taillight assembly and the driver's side unit will not work on the passenger side but the passenger side unit will work on the driver's side. Do a continuity test the left assembly-if its a wiring problem it will do it with the right side.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 AT 1:25 PM
MERLIN2021
If the unit works on the opposite side, you have to trace the wires.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 AT 1:27 PM
JONNBOY44
I have a 2000 cherokee and this worked for me.
Friday, December 28th, 2007 AT 11:19 AM