WIND NOISE

2001 Jaguar XJ8

mslaton

September, 21, 2007 AT 12:17 PM

I have a 2001 XJ8 and have some bizarre wind noise coming in somewhere around the front window post area on both sides of the car. It's a relatively high pitched noise similar to when you blow across the top of a long neck beer or coke bottle (sort of a soft hoot/howl if you will). I have moves the mirrors in a bit and that seems to make no difference so it doesn't appear to be that.

It seems to happen at around 70 mph. Anybody else have a similar experience? Car has less the 40k on it.

merlin2021

September, 21, 2007 AT 12:37 PM

ECT= electronic coolant temperature sensor!
Wind noise is all it is, you will need either new weather strip or the doors adjusted.

fstranger302

September, 21, 2007 AT 8:46 PM

Hello, take some tape and tape around the base of the mirrors and then drive the car again. There is a issue with the base of the mirrors were they pivot. If this works try some weater striping around the base let me know if this helps

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element