2001 XJ8 WIND NOISE

• mslaton
  • 2001 Jaguar XJ8

I have a 2001 XJ8 and have some bizarre wind noise coming in somewhere around the front window post area on both sides of the car. It's a relatively high pitched noise similar to when you blow across the top of a long neck beer or coke bottle (sort of a soft hoot/howl if you will). I have moves the mirrors in a bit and that seems to make no difference so it doesn't appear to be that.

It seems to happen at around 70 mph. Anybody else have a similar experience? Car has less the 40k on it.

Friday, September 21st, 2007 AT 12:17 PM

• merlin2021

ECT= electronic coolant temperature sensor!
Wind noise is all it is, you will need either new weather strip or the doors adjusted.

Friday, September 21st, 2007 AT 12:37 PM
  • fstranger302

Hello, take some tape and tape around the base of the mirrors and then drive the car again. There is a issue with the base of the mirrors were they pivot. If this works try some weater striping around the base let me know if this helps

Friday, September 21st, 2007 AT 8:46 PM