1999 Jaguar XJ8 left front window

MALCDEAN
  • 1999 JAGUAR XJ8
Left front window works occasionally but when it doesn't work, the sunroof will open using the sunroof switch but will close again within five seconds. When the left window works, the sunroof works normally.
Thursday, December 11th, 2008 AT 12:48 PM

JAMES W.
Do you have the doorlock system where when you lock the doors, it will automatically close the windows and sunroof? Please advise.
+1
Thursday, December 11th, 2008 AT 10:25 PM
MALCDEAN
I am new to this car but I have tried everything with the remaining three working windows and it doesn't appear to have the system you describe. I also have no idea what the very small button in the middle of the left (driver's) door switch pack does, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the problem (or solution).

Malcolm Dean
Friday, December 12th, 2008 AT 7:53 AM
JAMES W.
Let's try something. Open the sunroof and the passenger window, then, with the driver's door closed, lock the door with the key and see if it closes the passenger window and the sunroof. This will tell me which system you have. Let me know.
Friday, December 12th, 2008 AT 4:18 PM
MALCDEAN
Tried that and no go. Of course, I couldn't try the sunroof (since that closes on it's own pretty fast) but the open passenger windows didn't move when I locked the car from outside with the key.
Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 9:42 AM
JAMES W.
First of all, do you have, or have access to, a fax #? If so, I can fax you some wiring diagrams so will more know what I'm talking about. I could download these, but they are so compressed, they are hard to read. The unknown switch on the driver's switch pack is a lockout for the rear windows. The first thing we need to check is power to the driver's window motor. If you have the diagram, I can walk you through it. Please advise.
Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 11:27 AM
MALCDEAN
I am setting up my fax. Haven't used it for 6 months scine I moved the computer. I will let you know later today when you can send. Appreciate all your help.
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 12:03 PM
MALCDEAN
I am setting up my fax. Haven't used it for 6 months scine I moved the computer. I will let you know later today when you can send. Appreciate all your help.[/Quote:0f7367ded7]

Fax is connected so give me a couple of hours in the morning to make sure the number of rings, etc, is set and you can send. 423-942-9860. I am on EST.
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 9:45 PM
MKHALL22
I have the same problem, what did you ever end up doing to settle the driver window issue? Also my rear seat window controls don't seem to work, however the windows DO work from the driver controls.
Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 AT 9:31 PM
MALCDEAN
I "rebooted" the system modules by disconnecting the battery for a minute or two and then it all worked.
Saturday, December 27th, 2008 AT 7:08 PM
MKINION
I have been unable to drive thru McDonalds or enjoy my sunroom for several months since the driver's side window did not roll down and my sunroof kept closing automatically. Dreading the trip to the Jaguar dealer I checked online and found this simple solution of disconnecting the battery to reset module. Presto! All is well for spring enjoyment. Thanks!
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 AT 8:58 AM