ONE HOOD LATCH WILL RELEASE AND THE W

1998 Jaguar XJ8

noelescobar

July, 9, 2008 AT 8:34 PM

1998 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have a 1998 jaguar xj8. The hood release opens one latch on the hood but not the other. How do I release the other latch?

mjmaxwell

September, 9, 2008 AT 11:22 AM

Did you ever find out how to release your hood. I have the exact same car and exact same problem. Please let me know

WFMCCULL

October, 20, 2008 AT 6:17 PM

Hi guys - I have the same broken hood release cable - have you had any luck finding another way to open the hood?

mjmaxwell

October, 21, 2008 AT 7:18 AM

No, I have not yet. Please let me know if you are able to figure it out. My oil is due to be changed and I will need to get that hood up. I would hate to have to take it to a jaguar mechanic and drop $200 on simply popping the hood.
Thanks.

Kathyahrendt

January, 18, 2009 AT 11:56 AM

My son has a 1998 Jaguar XJ8 he had the same problem one side of the bonnett opened one didn't if you look inside the wheel well there are a couple of small holes in the top towards the hood, look for the hole in line with the catch and get a long stiff wire, screwdriver etc and you have to fish around in the hole until you hit the spring that un catches the hook, when you open it look at the catch that is supposed to hold it in place we had to put a piece of wire wrapped in a figure 8 to hold the cable in place so this didnt keep happening but it worked sucessfully, be patient it took us about 2 hours to get it

Hood Latch Stuck Closed
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser