HOOD RELEASES ?

1998 Jaguar XJ8

Bob Grev

February, 20, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

When I pull the hood release lever only the drivers side of the hood releases and not the passenger side. How do I get the passenger side to open?

rivermikerat

February, 20, 2012 AT 3:19 AM

Lift the hood. The latch is most likely releasing, but the spring need to be replaced.

KMKOTARSKI

June, 1, 2012 AT 1:41 AM

I had this happen to my 98 XJ8 a few months ago, the cable snapped on me, the cable goes from the pully to the driver side thread and then over to the passenger side, this is why it is not opening on the passenger side. It can be dangerious to drive if cable gets entangeled in components and should be repaired asap. There is a trick to getting it open I just cannot remember what he said I am sure the guys here would know. Good Luck

rivermikerat

June, 1, 2012 AT 2:09 AM

I've got nothing. I'll ask around and have anyone with ideas pop in and take a crack.

Bob Grev

June, 2, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

Unfortunately, the cable broke at the hood release on the drivers side. The mechanic removed the felt in front of the passengers seat near the firewall and with a long tool was able to release the hood latch. Otherwise he would have had to go through a small hole behind the tire up to the release.

rivermikerat

June, 2, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

That's why I've always preferred the older cars with the hood release outside. And hood lock pins.

Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon