JAG STALLED WHILE DRIVING, CANNOT REST

1995 Jaguar XJ6

tedmcclure

June, 16, 2010 AT 2:39 PM

1995 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

My 1995 Jag stalled after driving 60 miles on a road trip. It sputtered abit and then just stalled. Seems like it was out of gas but it had 1/2 tank. Now it won't start and will not even turn over / crank. Lights & LED all come on. Any ideas where to start.

Thanks:

Ted Mcclure

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Dave H

June, 28, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

Hello .. thanks for the donation

Start by checking/replacing the battery .. if it cranks/starts with a new battery then check alternator is good

let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1158.png

Nikoli

August, 30, 2010 AT 12:56 PM

I had the same problem with mine, I was test driving it and got a clogged gas line and the car died. In my desperation after having checked everthing and it still not working I pressed the fuel tank toggle switch rapidly, after hearing a click in the back I tried to start it again and it started fine.

After looking into it, the problem was the fuel tank switch valve. Apparently if you have an old valve and the fuel flow to it is stopped it can seize in a half closed position not allowing enough fuel to reach the engine.

The valve is located in the rear trunk under the spare tire and it's a little brass canister looking thing that's connected in between the two fuel pumps that are in the rear most portion of the trunk and the fuel filter which is in the front most portion.