1988 Jaguar XJ6 Anti lock failure

LGPUCCIO
  • 1988 JAGUAR XJ6

Brakes problem
1988 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63558 miles

While backing up I heard a noise like clunk or snap and felt slight movement from brake pedal, Message is Anti Lock Failure/brake pressure low? Whats up?

Sunday, June 13th, 2010 AT 5:52 PM

JACK42

Sounds like something may have broke or popped loose. Did it lose any brake fluid on the ground? Is the master cylinder resevoir full? May have to remove thetires and visually look to be sure it isnt anything obvious like a pad that fell out from being worn to a brake hose that has begun to leak

Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 11:18 PM
LGPUCCIO

No fluid loss, resevoir is 3/16 below filter. Anti lock message disapeared, low brake pressure message remained. Was backing up again same noise anti lock message returned. No problem or noise when braking. Removed tires no problems. Is there any thing in the Power Booster housing that has any thing to do with Anti Lock. Any thing I should know before inspecting P/B

Tuesday, June 15th, 2010 AT 1:55 PM
JACK42

So it only does this when backing up?

Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 AT 8:09 AM
LGPUCCIO

So Far yes

Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 AT 12:31 PM
JACK42

I would try spinning the wheels backwards while inspecting the brakes to see if something is loose or if a bolt fell out. If it only does it in reverse, it must be something mechanical not right, if it was s sensor or the such it wouldnt care which direction the car was moving

Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 AT 2:31 PM