1995 JAGUAR VANDEN PLAS TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

• cosmoe
  • 1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas

1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100, 00 miles

I have a 1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas with automatic transmission. Recently I had a problem with losing transmission fluid and discovered a leaking cooler in the radiator. Once I had that fixed and reinstalled I started having problems with it not shifting back to first when you come to a stop, but if you shut the car off and restart it, everything is back to normal. Until you get into drive or overdrive again. Also it seems to have lost reverse. Any ideas.

Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 2:35 PM

• 2CarPros Chris

Hi Cosmoe!

Sorry it has taken this long to answer your question.

1. Lets first start with your leaking transmission fluid, what was wrong and what did you do to fix it?

2. I am unsure about a " leaking cooler" in the radiator, can you explain?

3. Is there any check engine lights on?

Please hit the reply button to get back to me so we can get your car back on the road. Thank you for the donation!

Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 AT 12:57 PM
  • cosmoe

There was a hole in the radiator, they took it out and repaired it and put the radiator back in. Put in transmission flluid and there is no leak now. There is a transmission light on but no engine check lights.

Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 AT 6:46 PM
  • KHLow2008

Hi cosmoe,

When the trnsmisison light is indicating, it means an error has been detected by the control unit and that could be the reason the trans is not shifting correctly.

You need to get the code retrieved to understand what is causing the problem.

While repairing the leaks, some wires could have been disconnected and not reconnected correctly. Recheck those first.

You mentioned a leak in the radiator for the trans cooler hoses, did coolant get into the trans system via the leak?

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 3:27 AM
  • cosmoe

All the wires have been reconnected, they have been rechecked. We did a transmission flush to make sure it was clean. The code is 4th gear ratio incorrect. Can you tell me what this means and how to correct it. Thank you so much

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 1:34 PM
  • KHLow2008

I need the exact trouble code to get the correct data so can you please provide that?

Monday, July 12th, 2010 AT 1:58 PM
  • cosmoe

Po 734 gear 4 incorrect ratio
p1 775 mfr controlled transmission

these are the codes I got for the trannsmission

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 AT 11:53 AM
  • KHLow2008

Sorry to inform you that our database does not have any information on both the codes except that for P1775, it is transmission related. Likewisw P0734 belongs to transmission group DTC.

I believe P0734 is triggerred because P1775 is present. P1775 is the priority and if it is resolved, then it is possible P0734 would go away.

What scanner was used and can you reconfirm the troube code?

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 AT 12:21 PM