TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas

cosmoe

July, 5, 2010 AT 2:35 PM

1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100, 00 miles

I have a 1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas with automatic transmission. Recently I had a problem with losing transmission fluid and discovered a leaking cooler in the radiator. Once I had that fixed and reinstalled I started having problems with it not shifting back to first when you come to a stop, but if you shut the car off and restart it, everything is back to normal. Until you get into drive or overdrive again. Also it seems to have lost reverse. Any ideas.

Trans Not Shifting

Not Shifting

1 IMAGE

2CarPros Chris

July, 7, 2010 AT 12:57 PM

Hi Cosmoe!

Sorry it has taken this long to answer your question.

1. Lets first start with your leaking transmission fluid, what was wrong and what did you do to fix it?

2. I am unsure about a " leaking cooler" in the radiator, can you explain?

3. Is there any check engine lights on?

Please hit the reply button to get back to me so we can get your car back on the road. Thank you for the donation!

cosmoe

July, 7, 2010 AT 6:46 PM

There was a hole in the radiator, they took it out and repaired it and put the radiator back in. Put in transmission flluid and there is no leak now. There is a transmission light on but no engine check lights.

July, 11, 2010 AT 3:27 AM

Hi cosmoe,

When the trnsmisison light is indicating, it means an error has been detected by the control unit and that could be the reason the trans is not shifting correctly.

You need to get the code retrieved to understand what is causing the problem.

While repairing the leaks, some wires could have been disconnected and not reconnected correctly. Recheck those first.

You mentioned a leak in the radiator for the trans cooler hoses, did coolant get into the trans system via the leak?

cosmoe

July, 12, 2010 AT 1:34 PM

All the wires have been reconnected, they have been rechecked. We did a transmission flush to make sure it was clean. The code is 4th gear ratio incorrect. Can you tell me what this means and how to correct it. Thank you so much

July, 12, 2010 AT 1:58 PM

I need the exact trouble code to get the correct data so can you please provide that?

cosmoe

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:53 AM

Po 734 gear 4 incorrect ratio
p1 775 mfr controlled transmission

these are the codes I got for the trannsmission

July, 22, 2010 AT 12:21 PM

Sorry to inform you that our database does not have any information on both the codes except that for P1775, it is transmission related. Likewisw P0734 belongs to transmission group DTC.

I believe P0734 is triggerred because P1775 is present. P1775 is the priority and if it is resolved, then it is possible P0734 would go away.

What scanner was used and can you reconfirm the troube code?