1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove gear selector knob. Carefully remove window switch panel from center console without disconnecting window switches.
2. Remove screws securing shift control cover. Move cover enough to obtain access to cigarette lighter and door lock switch terminals. Note, mark and detach terminals. Remove cover, and detach harness from
inhibitor switch. Connect battery and test light in series with switch.
3. Place gear selector in Neutral, and loosen lock nuts securing switch. Adjust switch until test light illuminates. Tighten lock nuts. Ensure light stays on with gear selector lever in Park, and is off with gear selector lever
4. Remove test light, and reconnect switch harness. Reconnect cigarette lighter and door switch terminals, and install cover. Install electric window switch panel in center console. Install gear lever knob. Reconnect
1. Place gear selector in Neutral, and raise vehicle on hoist. Remove switch guard securing bolts, and remove switch guard. Loosen switch to mounting bracket securing nuts. Remove rubber blanking plug from
center of switch. Switch will now rotate to its limits.
2. Install Switch Adjuster (JD 161) to switch shaft and locating hole in switch body. See Fig. 4 . Lightly tighten securing nuts, and ensure adjuster can be withdrawn easily using a bar. See Fig. 5 . Readjust switch if
withdrawal is difficult.
3. When adjustment is correct, tighten securing nuts. Remove adjuster, and install rubber blanking plug. Install switch guard, and tighten switch guard bolts to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS table
at end of article. Lower vehicle.
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 5:18 PM