FRONT SIDE-TO-SIDE RIDE HEIGHT UNEV

1962 Jaguar

John B Anderson

November, 30, 2009 AT 9:47 AM

Suspension problem
1962 Other Jaguar Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

Jag Mk 2 3.8 workshop manual recommends using spring spacers positioned on top of a spring to offset the effect of uneven length front springs. I have tried to locate spacers but suppliers say " no longer availalble". Do you know a source for correct type spacers, new or used?
I have seen this problem addressed with spacer washers installed on the retaining bolts of the the lower spring support, but feel that this puts unacceptable stress on the bolts due to the reduced length of the bolt thread used. The rear suspension has been rebuilt with all new parts and I am sure the ride height problem is in the front suspension.

hmac300

A car this old suffering from uneven height should have new springs put in first before you ever add spacers. Yor post doesn't say you did. I have anMGB and alot of times the spring quality is poor and that causes it as well. If you know a machine hop try them they could always measure one up and make one.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Upper Control Arm Replacement