Interior fuse box plug

CNLOOPER
  • 2014 FORD F-150
  • TURBO
What needs to be done with the large plug attached to the top of fuse box it's not getting a good connection and have to push it in and hold it and nothing is broke this is a brand new truck I just wanna know what the problem is so I can know for myself even tho dealer ships going to fix it!
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 AT 6:29 PM

We have no pics of that but if dealer is going ot fix it they will replace it more than likely even if it the whole fuse box that needs to be replaced.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 7:16 AM
CNLOOPER
Well if it has to be replaced how would you do it disconnect battery and take old box off and replace new one back like it was and reconnect battery and would it have to be reprogrammed are should it all work fine
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 8:05 AM
It should i'm sure the back of it is plug in but make sure you get the correct fuse box as they are different for different applications. And of course make sure to disconnect battery prior to removing it. If the first one burnt up why? So you better put somekind of protection prior to hooking battery up so you don't smoke another one.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 9:34 AM
CNLOOPER
For sure on getting the correct part my main concern is knowing for sure if it has to be reprogrammed are if it could be just removed and take one fuse at a time and put everything back like it was and hook battery up and everything be working like before. By looking at it I can tell it's a simple thing to replace but if it's has to be reprogrammed then I definitely can't are have the software for all that
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 9:46 AM
CNLOOPER
That is my main concern is if I can remove and install and ready to roll with no issues!
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 9:49 AM
CNLOOPER
That connector I removed to look and see if I could see anything wrong didnt see anythI ng wrong with it but for some reason it has to be held in to work with pressure so I assume something is wrong with the box bad terminal are something cause I'd have to push it in and hold it in for it to work
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 9:51 AM
Sometimes connectors just lose there clamping you can try tweeking prong for a better connection or using dielectric grease on the connector to help with conductivity. It won't hur anything. That may be better than installing a new box.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 9:59 AM
CNLOOPER
Yeah I tried that already and it didn't get any better I pushed the prongs left and right here and there and even tried to close up the terminals on the wire in the plug as well I looked for like corrosion dirt etc. Didn't see anything and still same results. Maybe I should change the whole plug out and cut the wires where the terminals are in the plug and strip the wires back one at a time so there's no confusion where there go and connect new ones idk but it's been sitting at the house with the battery disconnected and that plug still out for two days now hope it hasn't reset something.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 10:12 AM
You may have to reset your radio stations and security system or it may not start
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 12:05 PM
CNLOOPER
That big plug right there with the blue tape on the wires two times its been unpluged for two days and I just hooked it all back up tried to Crack it nothing but radio works interior light and headlight and tail lights and all the electric in the interior works I held the plug in and cracked it idled just fine then let off truck died what the he'll is up with that
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 5:22 PM
Ifyou remember I said you would probably have ot reset your security system that probably goes to ecm so try resetting your security system. If no manual look online on how to do it.
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 5:57 PM
CNLOOPER
It's fixed now
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 10:02 PM
CNLOOPER
Check engine light on though
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 AT 10:02 PM
Then scan for codes I can't help you any further.
Thursday, March 24th, 2016 AT 7:00 AM