1997 INFINITI Q45 WON'T START PROBLEM

• 1bigben
  • 1997 INFINITI Q45

1997 Infiniti Q45 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180154 miles

I tried to start the car today after pulling it in last night. It cranks but not close to starting and it always starts quick and easy. I changed the fuel filter as it had been 30,000 kiles since it was done last but it did not start after this effort. I plugged in my scan tool and read no codes.
Any ideas?

Monday, March 15th, 2010 AT 5:30 PM

• Rasmataz

Cranks but no start condition:

Fuel and Spark:
Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Monday, March 15th, 2010 AT 6:12 PM